When it comes to an office or workspace, the quality of flooring can make all the difference, so choosing the best flooring to suit your space and your budget, is important.
There are several things to consider:
- Safety – providing a clean, non-slip floor surface will ensure employees, clients and customers are safe whilst visiting your premises
- Cleaning and maintenance/upkeep – floors that are easy to keep clean and damage resistant will last longer and hold their quality. Cleaning should be done regularly to ensure there isn’t a build-up of dirt, grime and dust leading to stains that are difficult to budge and often unpleasant odors that embed into flooring.
- Affordability – most businesses work to a budget when setting up or renovating an office or workspace so flooring choice needs to be a fit with this.
- Aesthetics/Appearance – When setting up or refitting a workspace it’s important that the flooring interacts well with your furnishings to create the desired look and feel.
Taking the above into account, below are some of the more popular flooring types we see used in workplaces and how they rate in terms of cleaning and maintenance.
Carpet Tiles are an excellent choice for offices and workspaces being incredibly durable and easy to clean and maintain.
One of the major benefits of carpet tiles is that it is easy to swap worn, stained or damaged tiles as opposed to damaged broadloom carpet which often means expensive repairs or replacing the entire carpet.
With carpet tiles, individual tiles can be switched or replaced (or a few square metres of) should damage or staining occur. Where there are areas of high traffic, such as hallways and between desk spaces, tiles tend to wear down faster and these can be easily rotated using tiles from low traffic area (under furniture etc) to ensure even wear as well as extending the life of your flooring installation.
On the allergy front, Carpet Tiles have a solid backing and require no underlay in most situations, thus removing two of the three causes of the build-up of allergen particles. They also come in a variety of designs and have proven to be more cost effective then broadloom carpet. All in all, carpet tiles are an excellent choice for commercial, industrial and home office applications.
Flotex is a unique textile flooring, combining the hard-wearing & durable characteristics of a resilient floor but with the comfort, quality and warmth of carpet. Being completely waterproof and non-absorbent, it is the only textile flooring that is truly washable, making it the ultimate in hygiene.
Flotex is available in sheet, tile, and plank options and comes in vibrant designs and colours making it the ideal floor covering for areas of extremely high foot traffic such as childcare centres or sporting/leisure centres.
In a nutshell Flotex is:
- Built to last
- Non Slip
- Allergy approved
- Comfortable and looks great
- Sound reducing
- Easy to install, easy to clean, long lasting
Vinyl flooring is a durable, low maintenance choice for any workspace and is often seen in kitchens, bathrooms, offices and child or aged care facilities. It is completely waterproof and tough enough to withstand heavy foot traffic and the sliding of swivel office chairs.
One of the best things about vinyl is that its stain-resistant due to a protective top coating which keeps your floors looking great. Some vinyl flooring has a cushioned backing which makes it sound-absorbent and quiet underfoot, reducing noise from visiting clients or customers. It’s also known to be insulating due to its excellent thermal properties making it warm all year round.
Vinyl comes in a variety of styles with different patterns, colours and designs to suit your space.
Linoleum flooring (commonly known as lino) is made from natural materials, including linseed oil, cork, limestone, wood flour and pine rosin.
Lino is known for its durability and versatility and is one of the most affordable options when it comes to flooring. Other qualities include:
- easy to repair and maintain
- easy to clean
- attractive; coming in all patterns and colours to suit
Lino is an affordable and durable choice for offices and retail outlets.
Collective Maintenance Services can install all types of flooring described above. We also advise on what flooring might be best suited to your business. To find out more, get a quote for new flooring or repair on your existing, contact us at 1300 859 859.